Christians in Science (CiS, www.cis.org.uk) is a membership organisation that supports science professionals with a Christian faith and anyone interested in the relationship between science and faith.
Like many organisations, CiS has faced some challenges over the past few years. We are looking for someone who can help us to grow our core CiS membership and guide us in the direction of financial sustainability.
To support the activities of CiS we are also looking to grow our experience and skill set across the wider team on Committee, and would like our new Chair to lead on this recruitment and help take us in a new direction.
We particularly welcome expressions of interests from someone with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Running a membership organisation or charity
- Social media
- Strategic planning
- Report to and work with the board of Trustees to achieve the aims of CiS
- Coordinate the CiS Committee on achieving the aims of CiS
- Supervise annual programme of activities. At present this includes:
- Spring and Autumn national conferences
- Connect Conference
- Oliver Barclay Lecturer
- Student Essay Competition
- Supporting Local Groups in their activities
- Provide a report on the charity’s activities for the Annual Accounts and Report
- Represent CiS in interaction with other Science & Religion organizations in the UK and overseas
Location: UK wide, Hybrid working
Employment type: Part time, voluntary, expenses paid
How to apply for the job
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for this role. If you would like to express your interest or have any questions, please contact the Chair of Trustees, Bill Clegg: email@example.com
To download a PDF of this information please click here.