We have a whole host of resources on our website for you to explore. Some are listed below, and those which are subject specific are listed by subject down the right hand side of the page. Unless stated otherwise, all resources are free to view.
Although these resources are available to download free of charge, we would welcome a donation to cover our costs and support the developing work of CiS. Please click this link to make a donation.
CiS have published a new set of resources for non-scientist Christians, to help address issues of science and faith. See all sixteen titles.
See our promotional material, and email the Development Officer to order these resources free for your church!
“Being a Christian In…”
The “Being a Christian in…” series is written by students and professionals in collaboration to consider what it’s like to be a Christian in different scientific fields. Written with a student audience in mind, these resources are a useful encouragement to anyone considering what it is to be a Christian in their field.
Christians in Science brochure
For information about Christians in Science as an organisation, you can view our brochure. If you would like print copies of this brochure for your local group, church or event, please contact the Development Officer – – see contact page for details.
Christians in Science slides for members
If you are speaking at other events, these slides show some of the resources available at CiS. Click here to download PowerPoint presentation.
God and Nature
This new online magazine is a collaboration between CiS and our American sister organisation, the ASA. The magazine features a broad range of content with essays, poetry, cartoons, feature articles, stories, and more about the intersection of science and faith. View God and Nature.
Science and Christian Belief
Science and Christian Belief is a professional journal, founded in 1989, concerned with the interactions of science and religion, and is sponsored by Christians in Science and the Victoria Institute. (Faith and Thought is the working name of the Victoria Institute)
The journal is published twice a year and is made available free of charge to all our members as an integral part of membership. It may also be obtained direct from the publishers – full details are on the Science and Christian Belief web site.
CiS sister organisations
CiS has a number of sister organisations around the world. Links to their pages and resources – please click here
To view all Engineering Resources, please click here
Online articles, multimedia and links
We have a growing number of online articles, talks and links on a wide variety of topics. To browse these by topic please click here or use the topic links on the right.
Dr Oliver Barclay
Dr Oliver Barclay was a co-founder of Christians in Science (formerly the Research Scientists Christian Fellowship) and the journal Science and Christian Belief.
Recommended non-CiS links
- The BioLogos forum is an American organisation founded by Francis Collins specifically to distribute resources on science and faith.
- Equipping Christian Leadership in an Age of Science (ECLAS), based at St John’s College, Durham University, with team members located at York University and Church House, London, ECLAS seeks to resource senior church leaders in their engagement with science.
- The Faraday Institute, based at Westminster College Cambridge, is closely linked to CiS and has a huge range of lectures, material for churches and other resources.
- God and the Big Bang wants to encourage everyone to get excited about tackling the all-important questions about life, the universe and everything, so we seek to equip people with the resources and experiences they need in order to get thinking!
- Revd Dr John Polkinghorne’s Q&A page John Polkinghorne tackles his most frequently asked questions.
- Science and Religion Forum (SRF) “Promotes discussion between scientific understanding and religious thought”
- Test of FAITH Introductory resources from The Faraday Institute on science and faith.
- Transform Work UK An organisation aiming to encourage and equip Christians in the workplace through Christian Professional and Sector Groups, and Christian Workplace Groups.